The CDC states "because of poor survivability of these viruses on surfaces, there is likely very low risk of spread from food products or packaging." Nevertheless, my team is constantly monitoring this situation and we are following the guidelines of the CDC in our warehouses, trucks, and delivery processes to ensure the safety of our members and staff.
Here's what we're doing:
- As per CDC guidelines, we are continuing our current cleaning protocols, using products that are effective against viruses.
- We are continuing to provide gloves and masks for all truck drivers and warehouse staff. Gloves and masks are worn at all times when handling food items and boxes.
- We are continuing to provide gloves and masks for all Neighborhood Ambassadors. Gloves are used when handling all food items and boxes, masks are used as needed (when handling food and boxes and/or when interacting with other employees and members).
- We provide an ample supply of hand sanitizer and antibacterial soap in all areas.
- We are regularly refining plans as new information becomes available.
- The Produce Box has a short supply chain from the farmer to your home, so you can take comfort in knowing that our operations require much less handling than traditional grocery stores or grocery delivery services.
- Finally, remember that you will be washing your produce and/or cooking it before consuming it, adding two more sanitizing steps into the process.
With your support, The Produce Box has continued operations through both good and bad times for the past 13 years. We’ve built an interdependent food system that fosters community and nourishes our urban and rural neighbors alike.
Together, we will get through this!
Thank you for your continued support,
Founder/Owner--The Produce Box
FEEL GOOD ABOUT THE FOOD YOU EAT